My sewing Sunday did NOT go well. Everything that could go wrong with making the batik's quilt sandwich did. First thing in the morning I cut the backing wrong. I ended up seaming it in three places. No fun there. Then I found a hole. It wasn't my fault this time. It was a flaw in the material.
I had to dismantle it all and drag it back to the machine once again to put a patch on it. I was not happy.
The batting I had bought was also the wrong size. I had some leftover batting from other projects and some fusible webbing stuff so I made it work. I am about two hours in at this point and there was still more drama to come.
I ended up wrestling the whole mess another hour to try to get all the layers to fit together. I couldn't do it. I had to get The Mister to help hold down one side so I could get it squared up. Thanks to my cutting and seaming errors with the backing material I had very little to spare so every inch counted. I barely squeaked by.
I was never so happy to get it all ironed out, pinned and trimmed. Thank goodness I am still machine quilting the Sunflower quilt because it will be a while before I want look at this thing again.
And...because The Mister helped me with the quilt I felt obligated to help him get up the leaves for THE THIRD TIME THIS WEEK even though he said he wasn't going to do it until today. I ran the mower over them to bag them up and he used the blower. It takes a few hours to get the yard cleared up only to have more leaves fall down on it as soon as we are done. Needless to say, I didn't get much else done yesterday. All those plans I had will have to wait for another Sunday. I was pretty vexed.